Thursday 8 March 2012

International Women's Day!

As the world celebrated the International Women's Day today, we had a day of fun and pampering at the Islamic cultural centre of Ireland. It was an all-women event and we were treated to free facials, massages, manicures and pedicures and henna!


 And guess what was on the snack menu? Cupcakes made my moi!

This was my first big order for a 100 cupcakes and I almost gave up last night. Thank you Priya for the wonderful food that you brought for us. Thank you Talha for being there for me. Thank you Mamma for your prayers. And Thank you Maram for your text. It came at a time when I was in the depths of self pity, 3 little words turned me around.

The smell of baking wafted across our floor and I was up most of the night baking batch after batch of these scrumptious treats. At 9.30 this morning, delivered 50 chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting, 25 lemon cupcakes with lemony zesty frosting and 25 rainbow chip cupcakes with pink vanilla buttercream frosting and a female gender sign on top!

I also threw in a small chocolate cake with the left over batter!










Lastly, let us all take a moment to pray for all the women around the world who don't have it as easy as the rest of us. Women afflicted with diseases, poverty, calamities, victims of domestic and sexual violence. May Allah help them all and make things easy for them.

5 comments:

  1. way to go aisha. good that you are doing something you njoy. dont ever give up. those cakes look yummy and iam sure none were left. may you get lots and lots of orders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rahila! You are very sweet!

      Delete
  2. I can vouch that indeed the cupcakes were reallyyyyyy appreciated and vanished in seconds...and listen your buttercream frosting is to die for!I dont enjoy frosting much usually but this was just delicious!You definitely added the 'icing' to the event by your cupcake contribution.Jazakallah from all the ladies at the event!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No words!!! I loveeeeeee you!

      Delete
  3. It looks plastic, thank God they are edible, lucky eaters!!!

    ReplyDelete