Friday 16 December 2011

Chocolate chip muffins a la betty crocker!

I generally try to play safe and avoid taking unnecessary risks, so the first muffins that i baked were out of the box. Yup, I confess to the ultimate baker's crime - I baked betty crocker's chocolate chip muffins which were simply heavenly. They were moist, delicious and most importantly home-baked!!

My brothers totally loved them and actually think that I am a professional(which I will be one-day)!!






If you want the proper recipe of chocolate chip muffins, here you go:

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 3 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
  3. Fill cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon brown sugar.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 249 | Total Fat: 10.3g | Cholesterol: 19mg

Thats it for now....as much as I am enjoying the newfound love of blogging, I need to get some real work done. So ciao!

7 comments:

  1. they look yummy! look forward to more smackalicious recipes.
    congrats on the start of, im sure will be a lovely blog.
    sneha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u sneha! love u soooooooooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm sounds quite straightforward...shall defintely be trying these! Hamare kamar ka kya hoga bajiiii! Im anyway putting on weight and now youve got this awesomely inspiring blog going ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. no worries Priya, we'll go running together!! Thanks fr your lovely comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salaams! So, I tried the muffin recipe but with a little tweaking-I didnt have chocolate chips so I just added a bit of lemon jam and vanilla essence to the batter and it was perfect! The proportions are perfect for 12 muffins and I shall be making the choc chip ones sooooon now! Only one glitch-I didnt have muffin liners and though I greased the moulds, the muffins still didnt come out properly :-( But thankyouuusss for the easy recipe!
    Love,
    Priya/Priyanka Talwar (I just created this blog to surf blogs!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! i was thinking of making my mom's favorite lemon cupcakes soon, glad urs were perfect! and yes, i know how irritating it is when they dont come out properly. i am sure now u have the paper cups on ur next grocery list!

    ReplyDelete